- U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Coronavirus Resources
- Florida Department of Health
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Advice for the Public
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- Israeli Ministry of Health Coronavirus Information
Rent payment assistance (Orange County)
The Orange County government has made the COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program available as a one-time benefit for Orange County residents who qualify. The program will provide assistance with one month’s rent. To qualify, you must call 407-836-6500 for an appointment. Remember to bring the necessary documents.
Rent or mortgage payment assistance (Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties)
Heart of Florida United Way has established a fund to support Central Florida residents whose financial stability is being impacted. The focus of the fund is to support the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) population experiencing hardship due to decreased hours or unpaid leave. Nearly half of Central Floridians are ALICE, living paycheck to paycheck. Visit the ALICE website for more information and to apply.
To apply for unemployment benefits, visit the Florida Reemployment Assistance website.
The U.S. Labor Department says anyone who meets the following criteria is eligible to receive unemployment benefits:
- An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work.
- An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over; and
- An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member.
Food stamps, cash assistance, low-cost health care
ACCESS Florida’s online tool will help you determine whether you qualify for programs like Food Assistance, Medical Assistance and Cash Assistance. (Florida residents only)
Food Assistance, counseling
Jewish Family Services (JFS Orlando) continues to offer limited services with the Pearlman Emergency Food Pantry open Monday -Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To pick up food, please call 407-644-7593 to schedule an appointment. Check the JFS Orlando website for changes in these services and for additional information.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando is working with JFS Orlando to ensure that food is delivered to people who are unable to travel to JFS to pick it up. You can request assistance or volunteer to deliver food here on our website
COVID-19 Prevention and Preparedness: Contact Security Director Jake Silverman
Federation programs or events: Contact Executive Director Keith Dvorchik