- This event has passed.
Think Pink 2 A Breast Cancer Awareness Event
October 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us to learn more about Breast Cancer with a focus on young women. This is a virtual program with a panel consisting of representatives from Sharsheret, JScreen, Susan B Komen, Drs and community members.
Partnering Organizations: Spark, Susan B Komen, JScreen, Sharsheret
- 10:00 – Welcome: Deborah Hausman (Susan B Komen)
- 10:05 – Sarah Gittleson (Spark) Judiasm Connection, the Jewish approach to health and wellness
- 10:10 – Dr. (Florida Cancer Specailists) “Breast Cancer 101” What every young Jewish woman needs to know about Breast Cancer. Why they should get screened, Who needs a Mammogram or ultra sound, questions you should be asking your Dr.
- 10:25 –Brianna Schwarz and Peggy Cottrell (Sharsheret) Genetics in the Jewish Community, the high risk of BRCA and other mutations and how it relates to hereditary cancer. What services Sharsheret provides
- 10:40 – Hillary Regalman and (genetic counselor) An overview of how to access testing and who is the right candidate for it. What type of testing is available
- 10:50 – Jewish Survivor Story: Randi Ballard
- 11:00 – Dr.Pernicone : preventative measures young women can take and some things that may cause Cancer
- 11:10 – Sarah Gittleson – Musical Tehilim
- Q&A Session