Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Outreach and Engagement has overall responsibility for developing and implementing The Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando’s strategy for Outreach and Engagement.
The Director of Outreach and Engagement oversees the Federation’s PJ Library, PJ Our Way and PJ Baby & Me family programming. You also coordinate the Jewish Teen Education Network (JTEN), Colman Israel Travel Scholarships and JTEN grants. This is a hands-on position with a goal of enhancing and increasing participation in Jewish Life through PJ Library programming options and the JTEN initiative. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, creative, organized, and able to act as a community organizer while possessing an unequivocal level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Work with committee members, volunteers, and Federation leadership to maintain, develop, and grow the overall strategic plan for PJ Library programs and overall community engagement.
- Manage, recruit, and meet regularly with members of the PJ Library Families committee, PJ Our Way Tweens committee, JTEN Educators Committee, and the JTEN Grants Committee.
- Develop, plan and coordinate events on the Jewish Community Campus in Maitland and elsewhere in the community.
- Prepare and manage the budget for all Outreach and Engagement programs.
- Ensure revenue generated by the Outreach and Engagement department meets or exceeds budget.
- Secure sponsorships related to events and programs.
- Coordinate with the Marketing department to use social media and influencer participation to market the programs.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate a year-round calendar of family engagement events for the Jewish Federation’s PJ Library programs.
- Create a monthly e-newsletter and calendar family programs with coordination with other Jewish agencies and synagogues.
- Provide all required reporting to the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (our PJ Library funding partner) and other key stakeholders.
- Administer annual Colman Israel Travel Scholarships and JTEN grants.
- Hire and supervise stipend volunteers.
- Build relationships with local Jewish agencies and synagogues.
- Serve as the primary Federation contact for all Outreach and Engagement programming including with the PJ Library national staff.
- Support Federation special events as required.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with all Federation and JCC staff
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience in a related field.
- Experience in planning and marketing family programs.
- Creativity and vision.
- Understanding of Jewish values, holidays, traditions, and culture.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate inside and outside the organization.
Required Attributes and Competencies
- Proven ability to manage volunteer committees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design programs and events.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate events in an effective and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of budgeting and revenue generation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present at public platforms.
- Strong social media skills.
More about this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate- controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Travel may be required.
$35,000 – $42,000
Perks of the Job
We offer competitive pay with the possibility of merit-based raises after demonstrated success on the job.
We offer optional medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees.
New employees are eligible for 80 hours of “floating” paid time off (PTO) per fiscal year in addition to PTO for national holidays and major Jewish holidays.
In the current public health environment, most work is performed remotely, with occasional duties at the Jewish Federation office in Maitland.
As a JFGO employee, you’re never on your own! You’ll work closely with other staff, volunteers and community members as we unite behind the Federation mission.
You are encouraged to participate in relevant professional development opportunities, including the annual PJ Library national conference.
Interested? Let’s get started!
Apply today by clicking below to submit a cover letter and resume/CV
Other Job Openings
Sorry. We have no other openings at this time. Check back often, or subscribe to our Fed Friday newsletter to be the first to know!
407-645-5933 ext. 236
Jewish Federation offices
851 N. Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
GET IN TOUCH WITH FEDERATION
Let us know how we can help you!