WE ARE THE JEWISH FEDERATION OF GREATER ORLANDO
Our mission is to nurture a unified Jewish community that transcends generations and neighborhoods. Our reach is truly global. Our obligation is to support Jewish life and Jewish values at home, in Israel and around the world.
what we do
We support Jewish life here in Central Florida and around the world. This commitment extends beyond our own JFGO programming to include financial support for other Jewish causes and organizations.
- JFGO collaborative grants help pay for programs and special events by Central Florida Jewish organizations and synagogues;
- Through the power of the Jewish Federations of North America, we provide financial support to disadvantaged Jews in Israel and 80+ countries;
- We award grants to local synagogues for formal Jewish teen educational programming.
- Support educational programming for youths in our Partnership2Gether “sister city,” Kiryat Motzkin, Israel. These include youths at risk, children of Olim families, and many others who are not active in youth movements. Our partnership also serves Kiryat Motzkin students with learning or complex disabilities.
- We financially support Jewish Family Services’ Community Chaplaincy Program, which provides end-of-life services to unaffiliated Jews in Central Florida.
- We sponsor an annual women’s trip to Israel in collaboration with the Jewish Women’s Renaissance Project and JOIN Orlando.
We help to build meaningful relationships rooted in Jewish values. Through JFGO programming and financial support of other Jewish organizations’ programming, we:
- Bring families together for themed PJ Library and Jewish holiday programs that involve parents, children and grandparents;
- Award grants to encourage collaboration by organizations and synagogues;
- Serve the needs of both newcomers and longtime community members by putting them in touch with the local Jewish organizations that can assist with their specific needs; and
- Create and nurture social and professional networks for Jewish teens, educators, young adults, professionals and future community leaders.
We believe education transforms the world, and we incorporate educational components into Federation programming. JFGO is committed to offering and supporting a wide range of educational opportunities:
- PJ Library and PJ Our Way provide free Jewish books each month to children and tweens.
- Jewish Teen Education Network (JTEN) offers grants as well as professional development opportunities for Jewish educators;
- The Bornstein Leadership Development Program identifies and trains the leaders of tomorrow; starting in fall 2018, local Jewish organizations’ boards will benefit from specialized nonprofit training underwritten by the Bornstein program;
- RAISE (Recognizing Abilities & Inclusion of Special Employees) offers employment and social-skills training for adults with special needs;
- Our Cardozo Legal Society for legal professionals periodically offers or promotes opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits.
We empower local Jews by giving them a voice on important issues. Through both the Federation and our advocacy arm, the Jewish Community Relations Council, we:
- Sponsor and organize community forums on issues that are important to local Jews;
- Speak to media on behalf of the Central Florida Jewish community;
- Encourage community action on key legislation at the local, state and national levels;
- Offer security resources to local Jewish organizations, including assistance securing federal Department of Homeland Security Grants.
- Provide resources to public schools on Jewish holidays, hold annual school board forums, and work with administrators on issues of anti-Semitism and other forms of hate speech; and
- Partner with non-Jewish groups on issues that are important to our respective constituencies.
'I read it in Fed Friday'
Want to be among the first to know what’s happening with your Federation and your Jewish community? You need the Fed Friday e-newsletter in your inbox once a week. Subscribe today. You’ll be “in the know” before you know it!
We respect your privacy and do not tolerate spam, We will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information to any third party.
With one gift to Federation, you can touch more Jewish lives across the planet than with any other organization.
407-645-5933 ext. 236
Jewish Federation offices
851 N. Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
GET IN TOUCH WITH FEDERATION
Let us know how we can help you!